Advertising Life 2011 – WE ARE EUROPEANS!? “Somewhere in Europe”
Deadline 3rd of March 2011
Also check out: Busho Film Festival Deadline: 30TH APRIL 2011
You can still enter your fiction, animation or experimental film for free that is no longer than 30 minutes and was made after 1. January 2008.
You can not only send the registration form on-line but you can also upload your film for the pre-jury to review. Those whom movies make it to the final we require a screening copy as well. Of course whoever wish to send their film by postal service they are free to do so.
The AZYL festival of Bratislava again calls for entries to the Advertising Life competition, which like last year will be hosted in Hungary by BUSHO festival for the third time. The goal of this call is to get 1 minute shorts from makers that is related to their slogen „reklama na život” roughly means advertising life.
This year’s subject is: We are Europeans!? Armed with last years’ experience the major change is that the pieces will be judged in 4 countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland) by separate juries then the 10 finalists from each country will compete in the final in Prague. The winner’s reward again is €3000.-!
New feature is that from this year you can upload your short online as well and that we also accept entries that were not made by an individual but in the frame of „advertising LIFE workshop” which is most likely to be held from the middle of february. The main sponsor of the event in each country is the Open Society Institute, partner is the International Visegrad Fund, whereas the Hungarian partners are Duna TV, Film.hu, ASIFA Hungary, Metrion Group, Kodak and Balassi Institute, furthermore the entries that are registered in Hungary we forward them to BuSho Festival. We still aspire for your works to be shown as many forums as possible and after the final decision of the jury they could be seen on popular internet portals where the public can also value them.
1. It should be no longer than 1 minute
2. Please read the entry form carefully and fill it out appropriately. Send it along by 3rd of March 2011 (til 24:00) the latest with the work attached. Send it to: BuSho Film Festival, Gombolyag Alapítvány, 1141-Budapest, Szugló u. 83. Download entry form at: http://www.busho.hu/upload/2011_eletREklam_ENG/
Or upload it with https://www.yousendit.com!
3. Technical parameters: 720×576 DV.PAL 48kHz 16bit stereo
4. All entries to be subtitled in English! (burnt in, not optional)
5. The genre of a movie can be freely chosen from: comedy, drama, action, musical, horror, thriller etc.
6. The category of a movie can be freely chosen from: fiction, animation, documentary, experimental etc.
7. It cannot contain of explicit language and offend any human rights.
8. It cannot contain of any musical part that is not free of copyrights. It is always the maker’s responsibility to assure that no copyright issue to be arisen.
9. A maximum of 3 entries per maker.
10. The works will be valued by a technical jury that’s members will be announced at a later date.
11. Prizes of the Budapest final: 1st: $1,000.- / 2nd: $600.- / 3rd: $400.-
12. Prizes of the international and main final: 1st: €3,000.- / 2nd: €1,000.- / 3rd: €500.-
The best 30 pieces according to the local jury’s voting will be shown in each country as follows:
After Prague, Warsaw and Bratislava in Budapest!
The winners will be officially announced on the 6. April in Prague.
All the entries will be on screen at the 7th BuSho Festival in Budapest in September.
THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION! REFLECT ON LIFE!